Yippie! My savings this week- 6/28/08

It's been a crazy week, but I still managed to snag a few great deals at Walgreens and Harris Teeter which is STILL running a triple coupon sale. Here's what I got & how I got it:


Walgreens:
I got a pretty amazing deal at Walgreens this week although it doesn't look like much. If you want to replicate this deal exactly you'll have to do so today since this deal is good only June 27-28. Each month Walgreens publishes a monthly saver catalog (also accessible online). It has coupons (Internet Value Coupons or IVC) good for that month. On the 27 & 28th of June there is an overlap where both June & July's coupons (linked here in PDF format) are usable. Luckily, there are a few items that after manufacturer's coupons make a pretty sweet deal.

I got:

  • 2 Lamisil creams- $15.99 each-$5 July IVC (doubles automatically b/c I got two)- $3 June IVC (triples automatically b/c I got three)- buy-one-get-one free (BOGO) manufacturer's coupons (4/13 SS)= 0.01 overage for both.
  • 2 packages of Theragran- M Multivitamins on sale for $4.99 & buy-one-get-one free. $4.99 each- $4.99 (automatically deducted for the B1G1 sale)= $4.99 for both

  • 3 bottles of Maalox (35 ct. chewables)- $3.99 each- $2 July IVC (triples automatically b/c I got three)- $2 June IVC (triples automatically b/c I got three)- $2 manufacturer's coupons (6/1 SS)= 2.01 overage for each bottle!

  • 5 bags of planters trail mix- $2.69 each- Walgreens in store coupon (found in the sales flyer) making these bags 0.99 cents each. $2.69-$1.70 instant savings= 0.99 cents per bag
My receipt showed that I saved $77.48 & my total... drum roll please ...................... $3.40!

But, that's not even the best part. I also got a $1.50 off catalina that printed at the end of my receipt good for anything in the store on my next purchase for buying the Planter's nuts AND I will file for the June rebate program that gives a full $4.99 back for one package of Theragran-M multivitamins. That really means that after coupons and rebates, Walgreens paid me $3.09 to take these items out of the store!




Harris Teeter:
I had some time to run into Harris Teeter quick. I adore the higher-ups of the Wilson, NC store that decided triple coupons should continue on. I scored:



  • 3 bottles of Motts apple juice- $2.69, used $.75/1 coupon= 0.44 each
  • 2 Heluva good dips- on sale 2/$3, used $.50/1 coupon= free!
  • 3 gum toothbrushes- on sale 4/$3, used $.75/1 coupon= $1.50 overage on each- WOW!
  • 1 pack of dial soap- on sale for $1.89, used $.60/1 coupon= 0.09 each
  • 1 bottle spray & wash max stain fighter- $2.99, used $.75/1 coupon= 0.74
  • 1 Home Run Inn pizza (my hubby's favorite kind)- on sale BOGO for $3.62

I started off with a balance of $31.63 and paid $1.53! Oh happy day!

You can read all about how to work a good double/ triple coupon sale here. Happy shopping!

1 comments:

Darla said...

Holy moly and I thought I was a success at Walgreens. I bow to the Walgreen Queen. WOW!