How interesting...

I read an interesting article that was discussing the environment, waste, and money. How in the world do these relate together? Well, it turns out that some counties are considering having homeowners pay by how much waste they produce. Here's the idea:

  • the wealthiest of the US would pay for their proportion of waste
  • it would increase recycling/ composting since that would be free
  • it may affect the way consumer goods are packaged- you know what I mean here. Have you ever purchased a product wrapped in five layers of plastic, 20 boxes and two twist ties?

I'm all about the green efforts. I sport my reusable shopping bags and the whole nine but I'm not really sure how I would feel about being charged by how much waste I produce. I think it was a mighty interesting and creative discussion though. What do you think?

0 comments: