Celebrating National Coupon Month- he he

Did you know that September is National Coupon Month? I'll take any reason to celebrate the great fun I've had saving money lately~ really no cake or candles needed.

It always amazes me though, the interesting sentiments folks have about coupons in general. I read this last week that manufacturers spend something like 360 billion dollars in coupons each year, yet we consumers only redeem about 2.6 billion of what is allotted by those companies. Now call me crazy, but I ain't no fool- money is money to me, even if it comes in the form of a printed coupon. I think it's crazy that people don't save a little money here and there. I think most people think that they won't save that much or that they don't have the time. I guess I just make time since I know the tremendous benefits coupons have provided.

That's why I wrote the post I'm not ashamed to save. I've just decided that clipping coupons is worth the time and effort for me (at least right now). Well, without further ado... Happy Coupon Month to you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my coupons too! However, I was wondering if everyone is running into what I call the "coupon Natzi's?" More and more stores (Harris Teeter and CVS) are really coming down on coupons. Today, I used my bogo Covergirl for a lip gloss, and the manager did not want to take it. I was following the coupon in detail, so no confusion. This is just on of many examples. I felt like he looked down on me. Just wondering...

The Financial Diva said...

Ha! Funny you noted this. I was going to write a post this week (maybe I still will) about a coupon Nazi I encountered. I totally know what you mean! It's funny that being a couponer means that you have to have such thick skin~ argh!