My savings this week- 7/4/08 (sort of)

Normally I wait until Saturday to summarize the best of my weekly savings but I wanted to post a day early in order to give you enough time to get in on a really great diaper sale happening now at Walgreens. We are getting ready to head down to sunny Florida to visit some family and attend a conference, so I will post as many great deals as I can find on the run next week. For now, here's what I worked up and how you can do it too:

Walgreens:
Thanks to Baby Cheapskate & Jennifer at Sisterly Savings, I landed a pretty amazing deal for next to nothing diapers at Walgreens this week. I got six packs of jumbo size 1 & 2 diapers for $9.35 out-of-pocket (oop) which I paid for with my Walgreens gift card from all the free after rebate items I've been scooping up. After paying, the register spit me out (2) $5 off your next shopping trip coupon-SCORE!
Basically the diapers were on sale for $5.99. I got three packs each time & used a $2/1 coupon from at the pharmacy & $5/2 coupon found in the July EasySaver catalog. Read the linked text above to get exactly how you can do it too.

Between having a baby shower & all these great deals, I estimate that we've spent less than $40 bucks on diapers/ wipes for my three month old so far.

CVS:
Even though there are some decent deals at CVS this week, I just haven't been up to shopping with so much going on. I made a very quick stop to snag these deals:



  • 2 coppertone baby sunblock sticks- $4.99 each- $10 in CVS extrabucks= free!

  • 1 Physicians formula mineral eyeliner- $7.99- $7.99 in CVS extrabucks= free!

  • 5 cleansing & make-up remover towelettes- $2.99 each (purchased each separately)- $2 Skincare coupon (click here for coupon & scenario)- $2.99 in CVS extrabucks= $2 profit each x 5= $10 profit!


That's it... not much to write home about but free is free.

0 comments: