Money Making Opportunity: Current Rebates (July '08)

I've never been a big fan of mail in rebates. It just seemed like they were more hassle than what they were worth. Some studies have estimated that only 10-40% of people even file for eligible rebates. Even better, a recent Star Tribune article suggested that some folks have gone through the effort to file for a rebate and never cash the check. Hmm? Sounds like we all need a bit of a reality check on how many hoops we are actually willing to jump through to snag a great deal.

I must confess, however, that I'm having a bit of a change of heart on the rebate situation. Thing is, rebate programs have made some serious progress recently. Many stores like Staples, Walgreens and Rite Aid offer online rebate submissions which are much easier than the mail in kinds and even save the cost of a stamp! What I also love now is the fact that I can often combine coupons with mail-in rebates for even greater savings. When it's all said & done, some companies even pay me to take their merchandise out the door! This was the case recently at my local Walgreens. You can read all about the shopping trip details here.
I thought in honor of my recent change of heart I would roundup my favorite rebates (and corresponding coupons) now available:

0 comments: